TOPIC: FINDING HAPPINESS DURING A PANDEMIC: MY COVID-19 STORY
1. WHO CAN ENTER:
- All schools in Nairobi are eligible for the competition
- Junior category (form 1 and 2) and Senior category (form 3 and 4)
2. TOP TEN STUDENTS IN EACH CATEGORY WILL BE REWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
- Overall winner – Textbook Centre voucher worth KES 10,000
- First runners-up – Textbook centre voucher worth KES 8,000
- 2nd runners-up – Textbook centre voucher worth KES 5,000
- Other students within the top ten – Textbook centre voucher worth KES 2,000
- The school with the highest number of entries will be awarded an LCD projector
3. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
- Soft copy essays should be sent via email to email@example.com before 17th July 2020.
- Write your FULL NAMES, the level of study (i.e. form 1, 2, 3 or 4) and the name of your school on your essay document.
Essays with incomplete identification may be disqualified.
4. MARKS WILL BE AWARDED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Originality and creativity; essays found to have been copy pasted from online sources will be DISQUALIFIED.
- A demonstration of an understanding of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ability to link Covid-19 and mental health.
- An understanding of ways of coping with the psychological effects of Covid-19.
- The essay should have approximately 400 words.
5. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The decision by the CitiesRISE essay management team concerning winners and the awarded prizes will be final.
- By entering the competition, you are also giving CitiesRISE permission to publish your essay should it deem it fit to use the information therein for the benefit of others.